Friday, June 18, 2010

Cheeting the clock

Seth Godin wrote an interesting article on cheating the clock:  


I have found this same thing to often be true.  If I know that I'm taking Thursday and Friday off, I can easily get my work done for the week in the first 3 days.  However, if I try to work that hard and get "Extra" things done in an entire week, I might end up burned out.  My solution is to show up to work 30-60 minutes early.  In that time, I get my intense work in, accomplishing the important tasks and setting up the rest of the day to accomplish what I want to accomplish.  What I end up with is a very successful morning, and in the afternoon I get to choose between going home early because I've done what I want, or sticking around to finish stuff up that isn't as important.  Either way, I end up feeling great about my job!


Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment