Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Be a part of a network by Blogging

I've attempted several times to start blogs and I've failed. I get two or three GREAT posts out and then I never go back. I've discovered a couple of problems with my methodology that I'm trying to fix.

1. You can't blog in isolation. A blog without interaction might as well be a dead end web page. You need to read other blogs, interact with them, post responses to them. This is similar to linking to other web pages. You can't pretend that you're the be-all, end-all of blogs. You are just another blogger adding to the wealth of ideas, thoughts, and community on the web.

2. Build upon existing relationships, communities. While I have friends, and I've often discussed the topics I'm interested in with them, I never invited them to discuss these things on a blog. Why not? It's a great place for them to read through my ideas and respond with comments, or post their own blogs. Because of this, I forced my Friend to start a blog with this purpose. I know it's only one person, but if the thought is valid, I'll start asking other friends to do the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment