Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Speedo Training I: Day 1

Ok.  I weighed in at 181 this morning.  I have 8 weeks to basically get down to 175 or 170.  I'm pretty sure if I get down to 170 I'll win and I'll be at a great weight for me.  I think the Overweight label goes on me when I get to 180 as a 5'10" male.

I'm planning on completing 5 weightlifting and 5 cardio workouts each week.  Some days I will combine these and some days I may have a dedicated weight lifting or cardio workout.

I'll also try to eat "reasonably".  I don't think I need to actually diet and I think that often leads to bad things.  Usually my biggest problem in losing weight is that I'll eat ridiculous amounts of food.  I would be embarrassed to actually publish what I ate some days.  I'll try to keep a log of what I'm eating.

Just for some background on my current health state:
-  I feel athletically better than I have in years.
-  Bench Press:  110 lbs for 3 sets of 12.
-  Squats:  110 lbs for 3 sets of 12.
-  Pullups:  4 (this is twice as good as the 2 I could do a year ago.)
-  Running:  I ran 1 mile in 9:50 seconds.  This is better than I have ever run a mile.

No comments:

Post a Comment